PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial has extended the suspension of scrimmages and other team related activities until the situation improves and is safe for everybody concerned.
"In light of the country's current situation, the Office of the Commissioner is extending all its member teams' two-week break from practices, scrimmages and other related activities which was supposed to end March 27, until further notice," Marcial announced in a memorandum released to teams Monday.
Marcial imposed the ban last week after the government's inter-agency task force prohibited mass gatherings as precaution to the coronavirus pandemic.
"Declaration no. 929 places the whole country under state of calamity and the nation's capital under 'enhanced quarantine'. We ask your full cooperation and compliance and encourage everyone to stay fit and healthy in the confines and safety of their homes," the memorandum said.
The PBA suspended its season last March 9 as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread.
"Please continue to follow the guidelines set by our government health workers and standby for updates," Marcial said.