How to Play:
1. Sign up and create an account
2. Use Daily Free throws, shoot & collect points
3. You will get 5 daily free throw sets per day
4. Subscribe to use the scanner & scan targets for additional points
5. Find targets by clicking on "Find a Target"
6. Click on "Play Now”, scan images or QR codes
7. When you see the hoop and the ball, you will have 24 seconds to shoot as many balls as you can and collect as many points as possible.
8. Scan again and repeat. Each image can be scanned multiple times.
9. The Tournament starts at 12 midnight on the 1st and ends at 11:59 pm on the last day of each month.
10. Each month, top 30 players will win cash, awesome gadgets and other valuable prizes.
11. The app is free to download and play. No purchase is necessary to participate in the tournament. You will receive complimentary daily free throws.
12. To join the tournament you do NOT need to subscribe. The subscription is a fee for the use of the augmented reality scanner.
13. You may subscribe on a weekly/monthly basis:
- 29 pesos per week or 99 pesos per month
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes or Google account
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the subscription period at 29 pesos per week or 99 pesos per month
- You may manage your subscription and turn off the auto-renewal by going to your iTunes or Google account settings.
The Swish Tournament Rules and Mechanics
1. The swish Tournament is run using the PBA Swish App.
2. The App may be downloaded for FREE from the Apple App Store or the Google Play.
3. The App has 2 components: a) Game and b) Tournament
4. No purchase is required to participate in either of the components. The In-App Game may be played completely for free. Players may also participate in the “Tournament” by using their FREE “Daily Free Throws”, which is given to all players, who have registered with a free account. Instructions to register or sign up for a free account using the participant’s e-mail address or Facebook account shall be included in the promotional materials of the contest. If individual players wish to make use of PBA Swish’s exclusive Augmented Reality (“AR”) technology, they may subscribe to one of our plans at 29 pesos per week or 99 pesos per month.
Screenshots of the step-by-step procedure of using the application to participate in the contest, including registration and subscription, are attached for your convenient reference.
5. The game component consists of throwing a basketball into a basketball hoop and competing against friends by comparing your results. Participants with the highest scores at the end of the promo period shall be determined as the contest winners and notified through real-time results in the PBA Swish App and their respective e-mail addresses.
6. The tournament component includes an AR module and consists of 1) finding and obtaining targets, which may be in QR Code or Image forms and 2) scanning said targets. Targets may be found in participating entities locations, website and/or physical locations. The locations of targets shall be included in the Swish App, PBA’s website and PBA Swish App Contest promotional materials. Once an image/QR Code is found by a participant, he/she may use the AR component of the PBA Swish App where a scanner shall appear. The participant shall place his/her device over the target in order to acquire the equivalent number of throws available.
Screenshots of the step-by-step procedure of using the application to participate in the contest, including obtaining and scanning the target, are attached for your convenient reference.
7. Once a target has been scanned, a basketball hoop and ball will appear on the player’s screen. The objective and challenge then is to use skill and make as many baskets as possible in the prescribed time of twenty-four (24) seconds per free throw. Thus, at the minimum, each player will have five (5) sessions of twenty-four (24) seconds per each day, by virtue of their “Free Daily Free Throws”.
8. Depending on the participating entities’ level of participation, once their target has been scanned, the player will get varying number of sets of “throws”.
9. Depending on the participants’ level of involvement and the type of AR target obtained, each basket scored may count as one (1) or more points. For example, a participant may scan a QR Code which provides three (3) sets of twenty-four (24)-second throws with each basket counting as three (3) points. A participant may also scan an AR target in image form which provides five (5) sets of twenty-four (24)-second throws with each basket will counting as (1) point. These rules have been/will be clearly posted in the Swish app and on PBA’s website.
Screenshots of the step-by-step procedure of using the application to participate in the contest, including obtaining and scanning both the SWISH QR and IMAGE targets, are attached for your convenient reference.
10. Subscribing to a weekly or monthly plan will increase the players’ chances by allowing them to search for Targets and visit various websites and locations, instead of just using the “Daily Free Throws”.
11. All paying or non-paying players will be listed on the Leaderboard along with their score. The top 20-30 will be shown on the Leaderboard on PBA’s website. If a player is not among the top 20-30, he will he shown his score and rank.
12. The Swish Tournament contest period shall run from 17 November to 30 November 2017.
13. The results are in real-time and displayed on the Leaderboard.
14. Participants with the highest scores at the end of the promo period shall be determined as the contest winners and notified through real-time results in the PBA Swish App Leaderboard and their respective e-mail addresses. List of winners shall be announced and posted through the PBA Swish App leaderboard at 11:59 PM on 30 November 2017. Winners consent to be announced publicly. Their names, pictures and videos may appear and be published on PBA's social media pages and other medium used by PBA. They also consent to be interviewed by PBA and they might appear on TV. Players' consent includes permission to reuse, disseminate, copyright, print, reproduce, and republish for any commercial, advertising and public purposes.
15. At the end of the promo period, winners will be notified via the participant’s registered e-mail address associated with their account within sixty (60) days and/or their specified mailing addresses as provided on "My Account" Page. Upon receipt of notification and confirmation, prizes may be claimed in person within sixty (60) days. Unclaimed prizes sixty (60) days from the notification shall be considered forfeited.
16. Prizes may be claimed in person by visiting the PBA Office located at 186 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave, Bagumbayan, Libis, Quezon City, Philippines 1112 and presenting two (2) valid IDs, PBA Swish Application with their registered accounts and notification for identification purposes. Authorized representatives shall present an authorization letter and two (2) of his/her valid IDs in addition to photocopies or printed copies of the two (2) valid IDs, PBA Swish Application with their registered accounts and notification of the contest winner or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Employees, consultants and agents of PBA including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the promotion. Creation of multiple accounts by a single participant to win multiple prizes shall be considered a violation of the Contest Terms and winning may be forfeited. A participant may be suspended or banned should he/she commit such violation.
18. The list of prizes are available for the participants’ viewing through the PBA Swish App’s leaderboard. Prizes shall be reflected on the same row as the participants’ ranking for their reference. Only one (1) prize may be claimed by the winning participant.
19. Apple, Inc. and Google are not in any way involved in or affiliated with the Swish Tournament and are not providers or sponsors of any of the prizes.
DTI FTEB Permit No. 18345, Series of 2017.